A new version of the League Table WordPress plugin is now available for download. Many changes have been applied with version 2.06 and you can find all the details in this article.
A context menu has been added to the spreadsheet editor
To speed up the creation and the editing of the tables a new context menu, which can be activated by clicking the right mouse button over a cell, has been added in the spreadsheet editor available in the League Table -> Tables menu.
The following options are accessible in the context menu:
|Insert Row Above||Insert a new row above the selected cell|
|Insert Row Below||Insert a new row below the selected cell|
|Insert Column Left||Insert a new column on the left of the selected cell|
|Insert Column Right||Insert a new column on the right of the selected cell|
|Remove Row||Remove the selected row|
|Remove Column||Remove the selected column|
|Copy to System Clipboard||Copy the cells in the selected area to the system clipboard (this is an alternative to Ctrl + C)|
|Cut in System Clipboard||Cut the cells in the selected area and put the content in the system clipboard (this is an alternative to Ctrl + C)|
|Paste from System Clipboard||A modal window with the message that the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V should be used is activated|
|Reset Data||Set the cells in the selected area to “New Label” (for the cells in the head) or to 0 (for the cells in the body)|
|Reset Cell Properties||Delete the cell properties associated with the cells in the selected area|
|Reset Data and Cell Properties||Set the cells in the selected area to “New Label” (for the cells in the head) or to 0 (for the cells in the body) and delete the cell properties associated with the cells in the selected area|
The presence of cell properties is now visually displayed
The cell properties associated with the cells of a table can now easily be spotted. A little black triangle on the top-right section of the cells is used to signal that a cell includes cell properties.
The HTML Table caption is now available
The HTML Table Caption Element can now be added to the tables generated with League Table.
The following new fields available in the League Table -> Tables menu allows you to add the caption and customize its aspect.
|Style||Caption Text Align|
|Style||Caption Font Size|
|Style||Caption Font Family|
|Style||Caption Font Weight|
|Style||Caption Font Style|
|Style||Caption Font Color|
|Responsive||Tablet Caption Font Style|
|Responsive||Phone Caption Font Style|
Two new cell properties used to set rowspan and colspan have been added
The number of rows a cell should span and the number of columns a cell should span can now be specified with the the new cell properties Row Slots and Column Slots.
Note that these two cell properties, in order to be included in the list of cell properties available in the League Table -> Tables menu, should be manually enabled in the League Table -> Options -> Cell Properties section of the plugin options.
The minified version of the front-end assets are now provided
Handsontable has been updated from version 0.26.0 to version 6.2.2
With this new version of League Table this library has been updated to its latest MIT licensed version, which is Handsontable 6.2.2
The following changes have also been applied:
- The table-layout CSS property, which can be used to set the algorithm used to lay out the table, can now be defined with the Table Layout field available in the Style section of the League Table -> Tables menu.
- The width of each column can now be specified with the Column Width and Column Width Value fields available in the Style section of the League Table -> Tables menu.
- A new field named Show Header and available in the Style section of the League Table -> Tables menu allows to display or hide the head section of the table.
- The control used to verify the presence of a single application of the same shortcode can now be disabled with the Verify Single Shortcode option available in the League Table -> Options -> General section of the plugin options.
- PHP notices and warnings generated during the plugin activation and the procedure used to import the tables have been removed
- The cell properties associated with non-existing cells are now properly removed when the number of rows and columns is changed