Configure the SpeechSynthesis Text to Speech Converter
To configure the SpeechSynthesis text-to-speech converter in the Real Voice plugin, proceed as follows:
- Visit the Real Voice -> Options menu
- Proceed to the Text-to-Speech tab
- In the Text-to-speech Converter option, select SpeechSynthesis (Browser). This option is available in the General section.
- Click Save Settings
The plugin provides you additional options to customize the resulting utterance. These options are available in the SpeechSynthesis section of the Text-to-Speech tab.
- Language – Select the language of the utterance. If set to “Auto”, the
langattribute value of the
HTMLtag will be used, or the user-agent default if that is unset too.
- Voice – Set the voice used to speak the utterance. Important note: Leave “Auto” for the best cross-browser support since the user’s browser may not support the selected voice.
- Pitch – This option sets the pitch at which the utterance will be spoken. It can range between 0 (lowest) and 2 (highest).
- Rate – The speed at which the utterance will be spoken. Enter a float representing the rate value. It can range between 0.1 (lowest) and 10 (highest).
- Volume – A float that represents the volume value, between 0 (lowest) and 1 (highest.)
For technical information on the technology used by the SpeechSynthesis text-to-speech converter included in the Real Voice plugin, see the following documents: