Create the Audio Version of a Post
With the Real Voice plugin, you can generate files that store the audio version of the posts with two different methods.
Manually generate the audio files
You can generate the audio file of a post with the following procedure:
- Visit the post for which you want to create the audio file
- Open the Audio File sidebar section
- Click on the Generate file button
Automatically generate the audio files
The plugin can automatically generate the audio files when the post is viewed on the front end. To enable this feature, proceed as follows:
- Visit the Real Voice -> Options menu
- Select the Advanced tab
- In the General section, enable the Generate Audio on Post View option.
- Click Save Settings
With this option enabled, the plugin will generate the audio file in the following cases:
- When a post is visited, and the audio file associated with the post is not present.
- When a post is visited, and the audio file associated with the post is not updated.
Monitor the state of the audio files
The plugin adds a custom column to the WordPress back-end menus used to list the posts named “Audio file”. This new column gives you the state of the audio files used to store the spoken version of the posts.
The possible states are:
- Not available – The audio file is not present.
- Available – The audio file is present, and its content matches the current source. With this state, the system also provides the date the audio file has been generated.
- Available (not updated) – The audio file is present, but its content doesn’t match the current source. This state is usually generated when the administrator changes the content of a post without generating a new audio file. With this state, the date on which the audio file has been generated is provided.
It’s important to note that the “Audio file” column is added only to the menus associated with the posts defined with the Post Types option available in the Audio Player Location section of the plugin options.
It’s important to note that when the text-to-speech converter is SpeechSynthesis (Browser), the audio files are not needed since the spoken version of the post is generated on the fly on the browser.